It would not should be particular vacation for kids to adorn a fancy dress and play make-believe in their very own imaginary land. Kids will dance and delight at any time in these straightforward to make butterfly, angel or fairy wings.
The wings are created from three coat hangers and might be tailor-made to any dimension or model.
Grab the children and dig by way of your scrap ribbons, sequins and different elaborations as a result of this undertaking is nice household enjoyable. Get inventive, get impressed and get crafting.
three wire coat hangers
two pairs of 3X pantyhose
2 yds. elastic
needle and thread
two giant silk blooms
material glitter paint
rhinestones, pearls and /or sequins
1. Bend one coat hanger right into a unfastened oval/triangle form to type one of many higher sections of the wings. Work with the curves already within the hanger, however do reshape it so it doesn’t seem like a hanger. Think butterfly wings … suppose sleek.
2. Secure the hook by bending it again. When you might be glad with the form of the hanger, form a second hanger to match the primary one. This will make an identical set of frames in your higher wings.
three. Shape the third hanger into the underside of the wings by bending the hanger at its middle, bringing it towards the hook to create two little wing shapes. Secure the hook by bending it again.
four. Place the three hangers along with all hooks dealing with the middle. You ought to have two bigger oval wings on the perimeters, and the small backside piece ought to barely overlap each wings. This ought to seem like a butterfly.
5. Use the duct tape to connect the hooks of the hangers collectively. Be cautious to completely cowl the hooks, utilizing as a lot tape as wanted to safe the body.
6. You can purchase coloured pantyhose, or you should use material dye to tint white pantyhose.
7. Lay out one pair of pantyhose and lower 20 inches from every toe finish. Working on the underside part of the wings, stretch every lower leg over the 2 sections. Pull tight and collect within the middle. Loop, pull and twist the surplus pantyhose across the center-taped part. Secure with a whipstitch.
eight. Lay out the second pair of pantyhose and lower it 30 inches from every toe finish. Working on the 2 higher sections of the wings, stretch every leg over the 2 sections. Pull tight and collect within the middle. Loop, pull and twist the surplus pantyhose across the center-taped part. Secure with a whipstitch.
9. To connect the straps, lower the elastic in half so that you’ve got two one-yard items. Fold each bit in half and wrap it beneath one upper-side panel of the wings and tie a knot to safe. Repeat for the opposite facet.
10. Place the wings in your again and convey one elastic piece over your shoulder and the opposite piece beneath your underarm. Tie a knot to safe. Repeat for the opposite facet.
11. Hot glue the big flowers within the middle of the wings to cowl the duct tape and stitching.
12. Embellish the wings with glitter marabou trim, ribbons, pearls, material paint, sequins and rhinestones.
Cathie Filian and Steve Piacenza cohost Creative Juice. For extra info go browsing to www.cathiefilian.com.)