I’ve made drawings of all of the advanced elements for the challenge. The ones not proven are simply easy minimize lengths of a regular dimension materials (sq. tube, rod, and so forth) so a 2D drawing would not be of any extra assist than only a written size. The PDF connected to this step is the design for the general machine, displaying the primary lengths and their association. I uploaded it as a PDF as a result of the numbers and particulars are invisible as a picture. The screw in purple is simply to indicate the way it passes up by means of the underside to permit adjustment.
I did not have the fabric or lathe functionality to make a Eight” diameter disk to be used as the highest anvil, so I like to recommend buying one on-line or at Harbor Freight. A big bearing would suffice, if you’ll find/get one. The backside anvil is a curved bearing from a pillow block, these are good for this utility as a result of they’re hardened and in addition run completely clean and straight even when they’re mounted off-center.
A bit about instruments: Without welding, a mill or lathe, this challenge shall be each troublesome. Keep in thoughts that’s challenge is designed for somebody with entry to machine instruments. They do not have to be fancy, however they’re nearly required to finish this challenge.
The following record correlates to the drawings beneath, and the portions of every half you have to to make, and what materials to make them out of.
- Guide rings (2) – Three/four” metal plate
- Pipe finish cap (2) – 1/Eight” metal plate
- Lower anvil holder base (1) – 1/four” metal plate
- Gusset (four) – 1/Eight” metal plate
- Clamp/mounting bracket (four) – Three/16″ metal angle
- Top anvil mounts (1) – 1/Eight” metal plate
- Threaded rod information (1) – Three/four” metal plate
- Lower anvil holder facet (2) – 1/four” metal plate
- Guide rod plate (1) – 1/four” metal plate
- Lower anvil pin (1) – half” metal rod
- Anvil holder information housing (1) 2″ metal sq. tube
- Two bushings for the highest and backside anvils. These will rely on what you’re utilizing for anvils. They simply have to be tailored for the holders.
In addition to those, additionally, you will want to chop the next lengths of fabric:
- 9-1/2″ size of three/four” diameter threaded rod
- four” size of 1-1/four” diameter metal pipe
- 2″ size half” stable rod
- 24″, 26.75″ and 26″ lengths of two” sq. tube, 1/Eight” thick wall
- 5x Three-1/2″ lengthy half” bolts
- 5x half” nuts
- 5x half” lock washers
- 9x half” washers
- 4x Eight-32 half” flat head screws