Windows solely: Keep your desktop or some other folder in your laborious drive organized and beneath management with Belvedere, an automatic Windows file administration instrument. Use Belvedere’s pleasant interface to create superior guidelines to maneuver, copy, delete, rename, or open recordsdata based mostly on their title, extension, dimension, creation date, and extra.
Belvedere Automated File Manager
Released: March 19, 2008
Last Update: January 24, 2012
Creator: Adam Pash
Contributor/Current Project Lead: Matt Shorts
What it does: Sets up guidelines for taking actions on recordsdata based mostly on the title of a file, its extension, dimension, age, and extra.
NOTE: Belvedere is a Windows knock-off of the Mac-only Hazel, and Gina has already guided you thru setting up a self-cleaning Mac with Hazel, so for a number of good concepts for a way you would possibly get began with Belvedere, try her information. Belvedere’s not fairly as much as par with Hazel but, however in time I am hoping to implement as a lot of Hazel’s options as I can for Windows customers.
How It Works
Setting up guidelines with Belvedere is so simple as including folders, then creating to run on every folder utilizing Belvedere’s easy point-and-click interface.
Just title your rule with the Description discipline and construct your circumstances with the drop-down menus. For extra particulars, try our guide to automatically clean and organize your Desktop, Downloads, and other folders with Belvedere.
I am planning so as to add a lot of the Hazel performance I can to Belvedere over time, so here is a short define of my characteristic roadmap for upcoming releases:
- DONE – Set up guidelines to satisfy a number of necessities, both ALL or ANY. (zero.2)
- Multiple actions for matched guidelines. (not presently implementing)
- DONE – Edit present guidelines (zero.2)
- DONE – Test rule matches earlier than saving rule (zero.three)
- DONE – Add a trash administration tab to the GUI
- New motion so as to add recordsdata to iTunes
- DONE – Recurse folders
- Version zero.7: Ability to behave upon folders, “Add to iTunes” motion through the “Automatically Add to iTunes” folder, bug fixes.
- Version zero.6: Growl for Windows help, new actions and verbs, enhancements, bug fixes.
- Version zero.5: Recycle Bin administration, assist file, ‘incorporates one among’ addition, utility logging, backup and import, pause, compression.
- Version zero.four: Folder recursion, affirmation on match, rule enabling/disabling.
- Version zero.three: Rule testing, extra safety measures, bug fixes, “matches one among” situation.
- Version zero.2.1: Quick repair for icon bug in zero.2
- Version zero.2: Multiple circumstances, edit present guidelines, ship to recycle bin, mounted mouse bugs, added new icon from What Cheer, About web page, added extra checks to make sure good person enter.
- Version zero.1: Released.
Bug Reports and Feature Requests
Belvedere works effectively on my Vista PC, however it might have a number of bugs right here and there (it will not unintentionally go deleting all of the recordsdata in your pc by any means, however I most likely would not level it at your most essential folders immediately). If you’ve got received characteristic requests or bug stories, I am blissful to listen to them within the feedback. Don’t have a commenter account? Here’s how to get one.